Resources for Researching Past Weather
Sources of Information:
1. Past newspapers (copies, microfilm, microfiche, and digitized electronic copies). Can be found
2. Weather websites (free and subscription-based)
4. Utah Climate Center. Temperature and precipitation data for a large number of U.S. cities e.g.,
New York City's data for Central Park goes back as far as 1876.
5. cli-MATE (Midwestern Regional Climate Center) -- Can register for free access to data *** and
links available under "Announcements")
6. xmACIS2. Allows one to look up data for a large number of U.S. cities. 12. Model Archive: GFS and NAM (Wxcaster.com)
Select Weather Websites:
1900 to the present.